Wednesday, August 18, 2004

6 straight....

This is my sixth straight day of playing poker online. I've been playing on and off for about six months now but lately I've been playing a lot more. Why stop when I've been winning every time I play. I've only been playing for about 2-3 hours a night. The way I figure it, I cash out about $50-100 a night... meaning I make $50 an hour playing poker. That's not bad, considering it's mostly extra pocket change for me. I think I've finally figured out the system. I'm playing a lot better than when I first started and I'm able to win consistently. So I ask myself, how much do I need to play to make $1,000 a month??? Since I cannot realistically win every single night (most players have bad nights, even the good ones), I'll need to play about 20-30 hours a month to make my goal. That's assuming I win 75% of the time, and lose some of it back the other 25% I play.

Tonight was a tough night. I played for about 2 hrs and came out ahead only $40. I only play at the $1/2 tables of six seated hold'em, making it that much more difficult to win $100.

The most memorable hand is:
I had AA, there are five callers pre-flop. I raise it in the big blind position. Everyone calls. So there are five players playing. Flop comes up 10 7 3. I bet at second position. I get 3 callers. The turn comes up as a J. I bet out again. One person folds and the other two call. The River shows a K. I bet out again, now in first position. Both players call. One has two pairs, Js over 3s. The over flips over two pairs as well, Ks over Js. I lose $7 on that hand, but it could've been worse if they raised me on the river, because I would've called.

Lesson is that AAs are 82% favorites preflop. Once the flop comes, it's fair game. Because I was in first position, I had to bet so that my callers (most likely on a draw) had to pay to see the next card. Also in low limit games, people will call to the end on draws.

Cash: $467 + $40 winnings = $507
Total winnings to date: $407

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home